Allegheny Fiber Retreat 2020
Calling all knitters!
Have you seen what is in store for you at the Allegheny Fiber Retreat? We hand pick all the instructors to create an experience that will definitely be the most exciting and talked about event of the year! Three full days of classes with six national and international instructors. Come and learn all sorts of new things, make new friends, hang out with old friends, but most of all, have the best time playing with fiber! We are designing a marketplace that will have the finest quality yarns and accessories we carry at The Frayed Knot, as well as the finest hand spun and hand dyed yarns and ready to wear made by some of our instructors. Guest appearances, opportunities to compete for prizes, knit night on the front porch, great food, late night movies . . . this is one you don't want to miss.
There are 6 different 3 hr classes, and you get to take each one! There will be a morning class and an afternoon class each day, Thursday-Saturday. Every class is different and will leave you with all sorts of new ideas and inspirations!!!
Included in price
- 5 Days of Fiber Fun
- Opening reception speaker discussing what's new in fiber
- Knit night with special guests
- Competitions and games
- Great Food
- Plated dinner at opening reception
- Lunch Thursday - Saturday
- Brunch at closing reception
- Amazing classes with national and international designer/makers
- Franklin Habit - Now you see it, Now you don't:Shadow knitting
- Sivia Harding - Beaded Buttoned Bracelet
- Gina Bonomo - How to be a yarn success:So you want to dye yarn!
- Cornelia Hamilton - Fall in to open spaces
- Debra Lambert - Free your mind
- Jennifer Harvey - Savannah Slow Stitch
- Fantastic Knitting goodies
- Class materials
- yarn, beads, floss, fabric
- Schwag bag with lots of surprises
The Frayed Knot Marketplace will be set up during the day to have a wide range of items that pertain directly to the materials in class and even more that are fun and just because! We will make sure there are some things you have never seen before this event!
- Large range of yarns, needles, notions, bags and tools
- Hand dyed yarns
- Hamilton Yarns
- more . . .
- Hand spun yarns
- All the new gadgets and toys
The Homestead Resort